Green Project Support 2023 Recipients Announced
April 26, 2023
July 7th Update
Thank you to all those who applied! We’re excited to announce the recipients of Green Project Support 2023;
- Reforest London – Installing low-flow bathroom fixtures in the Bruce Pavilion; Installation of additional insulation and framing to improve energy efficiency in the Bruce Pavilion; These projects will help reach their net-zero goals.
- LOLA Bees – Completing energy efficiency upgrades to their front entryway and building
- On the Move Organics – Implementing an on-site rapid composter to reintegrate food waste in a regenerative way
- Junction Climbing Centre – Installing window coverings to reduce energy consumption and cooling costs in the warmer months
- BlueStone Properties – Implementing an on-site organics program for their tenants at the Dufferin Corporate Centre
- Reimagine Co. – Upgrading freezer and fridges to energy efficient EnergyStar appliances
The Green Economy London team is thrilled to announce a new round of Green Project Support for Spring 2023! In honour of Earth Month, we’re launching Green Project Support to help Green Economy London members make sustainability changes at their facilities. This round is offering one $5,000 incentive and three $2,500 incentives.
Green Project Support incentives go towards projects that have to do with water conservation, GHG emissions reduction, waste reduction and diversion, environmental stewardship, or can be used towards a consultant, audit or study.
- Submissions being accepted from April 26th, 2023 to May 31st, 2023
- Recipients will be announced by June 14th, 2023
- Projects are to completed between June 14th, 2023 to June 30th, 2024
- Impact report to be completed no later than July 31st, 2024
- A Green Economy London representative must validate the projects for eligibility.
- Project recipients must sign a project agreement, as any approved projects are considered to be in partnership with the London Environmental Network.
- Recipients will receive the 50% of the incentive upon project approval, the remaining 50% will be administered after the recipient provides proof of project completion such as invoices or receipts.
- To be eligible for support, the organization must be a member of Green Economy London and be located within municipal city limits of London, ON.
- The member must set their baseline in accordance with Green Economy London’s milestone process and set a reduction target in the target area of choice.
- Some of these projects may cost more than $2,500 – $5,000. It is expected that the member will pay for the rest of the costs associated with completion.
Note: If you received Green Project Support in the past, you are still eligible to apply for this round.
We’re proud to have this year be the fifth consecutive year offering Green Project Support to our members. Check out past Green Project Support recipients and their projects:
- 2022: Let’s Talk Science waste audit, LDCA level 3 EV charger installation, MTE Consultants waste audit, Western Fair District compostable packaging
- 2021: LDCA level 2 EV charger and solar panel installation, Tepperman’s pollinator garden and smart water meter, Heeman’s low flow fixtures, high efficiency hand dryer and air curtain
- 2020: Reimagine Co. EV charger, McCabe Promotional low flow toilets, BlueStone Properties LED lighting retrofit, Pillar nonprofit blue roof feasibility study and high efficiency hand dryer, London Food Bank blue roof study, London Brewing Co-op biodegradable beer rings, Western Fair District soil sieves, Heeman’s solar panel installation
- 2019: On the Move Organics urban hoop house, Booch Organic Kombucha diaphragm pump
For project ideas you can download the Green Project Support Guidebook by clicking below.
You can also review each target area guidebook:
- Water Conservation Guide
- Waste Diversion and Reduction Guide
- Environmental Stewardship Guide
- Emissions Reduction Guide
Please reach out to Kaitlin, Hub Manager at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Want to hear more about what’s going on with Green Economy London? Subscribe to our quarterly mailing list!
Be in the know for all things related to business sustainability. Sign up to receive quarterly updates from Green Economy London. Your information will not be shared.