Workplace Green Up 2023
September 19, 2023
November 2nd, 2023 Update:
Our 4th annual employee engagement program, Workplace Green Up has to an end. Congratulations to the 2023 winners:
- 1st place: GreenTech Painting
- 2nd place: MTE Consultants
- 3rd place: Convertus
- Top Environmental Steward: GreenTech Painting
Thank you to all the members who participated. We look forward to organizing the program next year!
Read the highlight on the winners here.
Get ready for the 4th annual Workplace Green Up employee engagement program! This year Workplace Green Up will take place during the month of October to accommodate outdoor activities. This engagement program aims to support sustainability in the work culture of Green Economy London members. The program offers sustainability activities focusing on different target areas that employees can incorporate into their daily work habits.
Members can earn points over the four weeks by completing sustainability activities to reduce employees’ environmental impact focusing on our four target areas: waste reduction and diversion, water conservation, environmental stewardship, and GHG emissions reduction. This year’s activities include cleaning your digital footprint, participating in community litter clean-ups, shopping zero waste, and adding aerators to faucets.
Participating employees can post photos and/or videos of them completing activities, projects, and events on social media using the hashtag #WorkplaceGreenUp2023.
Week 1: GHG Emissions Reduction – October 2nd – October 8th
Week 2: Environmental Stewardship – October 9th – October 15th
Week 3: Waste Reduction and Diversion – October 16th – October 22nd
Week 4: Water Conservation – October 23rd – October 29th
Bonus activities: Complete between October 1st – October 31st
- Employees earn points for activities by posting a photo of the activity on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn and tagging Green Economy London using the hashtag #WorkplaceGreenUp2023.
- We encourage all employees to participate, however, businesses with more than five employees need at least 2 employees to participate per organization.
- Email Allison at email@example.com to indicate that employees from your organization are participating.
- Activities should be completed during their assigned week and bonus point activities by October 31st.
- Points are tailed per organization and not per individual.
- 1st Place: $1,500 in Green Project Support towards implementing a sustainability project involving emissions reduction, water conservation, waste diversion and reduction, environmental stewardship, or consultant/audit fees, $250 in gift cards to a GEL member of choice, and a physical award to display at your workplace
- 2nd Place: $200 in gift cards to a GEL member of choice and a physical award to display at your workplace
- 3rd Place: $150 in gift cards to a GEL member of choice and a physical award to display at your workplace
- Top Environmental Steward: Receive a bag of worm castings from The Wormery to nourish your compost/ garden! Worm castings are made through vermicomposting practices.
Last year’s winners include:
For the Workplace Green Up guide with the full rules, list of activities, points, and resources, please click the image below.
Green Economy London is a sustainable business program of the London Environmental Network. The program supports businesses in setting and achieving sustainability targets for GHG emissions reduction, waste reduction and diversion, water consumption, and environmental stewardship. Through collaboration, celebration and recognition, one-on-one support, workshops, and resources, they are empowering businesses to demonstrate a sustainable economy is possible. Workplace Green Up is a great way for Green Economy London members to have a fun and valuable environmental experience.
For any questions about Workplace Green Up, email Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to hear more about what’s going on with Green Economy London? Subscribe to our quarterly mailing list!
Be in the know for all things related to business sustainability. Sign up to receive quarterly updates from Green Economy London. Your information will not be shared.