New Employee Engagement Program: Introducing Green Wheel!
May 24, 2022
Transportation accounts for 25% of Canada’s GHG emissions and in Ontario, it is the largest emitting sector at 34% of the province’s GHG emissions.
Sources such as employee commuting, business travel, and fleet vehicles all contribute to this, meaning employers and employees have a part to play in reducing emissions from these sources and collectively reaching Net-Zero by 2050 targets.
At Green Economy London we are very excited to announce our new employee engagement program, Green Wheel! This sustainable transportation-geared program will be launching June 1st and running for the entire month of June. Green Wheel aims to support businesses in reducing transportation and commuting-related emissions by providing resources and learning opportunities to empower and challenge your workplace and staff to choose more sustainable commuting options and reduce the number of single-occupancy vehicles traveling to and from work. Commuting options such as walking, biking, public transit, carpooling, and even offering work-from-home options can support emissions reductions and promote healthy, active lifestyles for employees.
Throughout the month of June, Green Economy London will be sharing sustainable transportation materials, examples of sustainable transportation programs, transportation-related funding opportunities, and hosting a webinar, The Road to Sustainable Commuting: How your business can support sustainable commuting options in the workplace. Tune in to hear from industry experts and some of our very own members:
- Allison Miller, Senior Transportation Demand Management Coordinator at The City of London
- Molly Miksa, Executive Director at London Cycle Link
- Shannon Hawke, Intern Architect at Cornerstone Architecture
As a bonus for Green Economy London members, by participating in Green Wheel and attending the webinar you will be entered into a draw to win a bike rack for your workplace, generously provided by the City of London.
How can you participate?
- Fill out this short survey to indicate your organization’s participation
- Register for the webinar on June 8th from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM, register here
- Share resources and tips provided by Green Economy London with your employees and use them to implement more sustainable commuting options
- Post photos of your workplaces and employees practicing more sustainable commuting such as biking, walking, carpooling, taking public transit, using EVs or E-bikes
- Don’t forget to use the hashtag #GreenWheel2022 and tag Green Economy London!
This is a great way to learn about and take action on emissions reduction from Ontario’s largest emitting sector. We can’t wait to see all the workplaces and their staff taking part!
Want to hear more about what’s going on with Green Economy London? Subscribe to our quarterly mailing list!
Be in the know for all things related to business sustainability. Sign up to receive quarterly updates from Green Economy London. Your information will not be shared.