Member Profile: Tepperman’s
What started as a dream turned into one of the largest independent home furnishings stores in Canada. As a family business, we are grateful to share wonderful relationships with generations of loyal families. For over 95 years, people like you have trusted us to bring you the best fashions, values and brand names in Furniture, Mattresses, Appliances and Electronics.
To us, sustainability is a promise and a commitment we make to create a healthier environmental future. Some of the projects we are proud of include:
- Extensive in-store waste diversion and recycling operations, including a very close partnership with Habitat for Humanity to divert as much returned or nonsalable furniture from the landfill as possible
- Continuous investment into energy use reduction projects such as advanced HVAC automation controls systems, LED light retrofitted company wide, TPO roof membranes, and EV chargers at every location
- Real-time water usage monitoring at all sites to reduce the financial and environmental impacts of leaks
- Creation of a 2800 sq. ft. pollinator garden at our London facility, with further expansions there and in Windsor planned in the future
- Partnerships with local schools in Kitchener to put on sustainability focused educational programs and activities like building outdoor gardens for the schools