Member Profile: Booch Organic Kombucha
Booch Organic Kombucha
Booch’s story is one of health, growth, community, and local love; it’s a story that came to fruition through a mission of healing.
Booch is an Ontario craft kombucha brewery making traditional healing kombucha with a new age twist. Booch’s six original flavours made with 100% organic whole fruits, roots, flowers, herbs, botanicals, barks, fungi, and seasonal wild-crafted ingredients are available in bottles and on tap.
Booch has come a long way in its three years of being in business. With the love and support of their friends and customers, Booch has:
- Connected with dozens of local organic farmers
- Become a proud member of the Canadian Health Food Association
- Partnered with almost 400 local restaurants, breweries & cafés
- Composted over 6,000 pounds of organic matter
- Partnered with Bullfrog Power to ensure all energy consumption in their facility is green and clean
- Spent over 240 hours on Saturday mornings at the Covent Garden Market
- Grown love for her ancient elixir all around Southwestern Ontario!
- Added good bacteria to the microbiome of every single person who has ever sipped on a Booch!
- Been awarded the London Chamber of Commerce Business Achievement Award (2017)
- Been awarded the Entrepreneur of the Year through the OBBA (2017)
- Partnered up with the Millions Trees Challenge
Current Sustainability Actions:
- Green Economy London helped find funding for Booch to undergo a Food Loss and Waste Audit of their facility to see where they can avoid creating food waste in their processing. The report afterwards will determine projects that help them save money and improve their production yields. (August 2019)